Our Fertility Acupuncture Doctor have been able to help several Women Conceive Naturally!
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine have been around for thousands of years, and it has been proven to increase the chances of pregnancy through natural conception.
- Regulate and stabilize hormone levels and endocrine system that regulates ovulation and menstrual cycle.
- Help produce more follicles.
- Increase blood flow to the uterus and ovaries – improving chances of egg implantation in the uterine wall.
- Positively affecting the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a key role in fertility.
- Thicken the endometrial lining.
- Reduce the chance of miscarriage.
- Strengthen the immune system and promote overall health of the body.
- Reduce stress and anxiety – high cortisol levels affects fertility.
- Improve the absorption of nutrients and maintain ideal weight.
- Facilitate relaxation, decrease stress and anxiety.
- Improve the quality of sleep.
- Have NO side effects – does not introduce toxicity to you and your baby.
How do we do it
- In-depth History and Evaluation
- Customized Acupuncture Treatment Protocol
- Customized herbal formulas and high quality vitamins/supplements
- Lifestyle modifications
ACUPUNCTURE Fertility Protocol used during IVF or IUI TREATMENTS
We understand that isn’t always possible to naturally conceive and that sometimes… medical treatments will be necessary in order to achieve pregnancy. Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), such as fertility medication, IUI or IVF is available to better assist women who physically cannot get pregnant. In those cases, we always advocate for an integrative approach – combining western medicine treatments with eastern medicine in order to experience the best of both worlds.
Acupuncture has been gaining support in the western medicine world as science has started to recognize its many benefits. There have been a variety of studies conducted reviewing the implications for acupuncture and fertility, and recent reports have shown a 65 percent increase in pregnancy success rates when IVF is combined with acupuncture treatments. Those same studies have shown rates of live births nearly doubled in cases where acupuncture was used, compared to IVF patients who received no acupuncture or sham acupuncture.
Acupuncture is not a guarantee that your IVF cycle will work, but it can be a natural way to improve your chances of success.
How do we do it
We recommend to start the Acupuncture for Fertility sessions:
- Several months or weeks before the retrieval and transfer;
- If not possible on the day of the egg retrieval, between egg retrieval and the day of the egg transfer and after the egg transfer.
- We follow a researched protocol to promote blood flow to the reproductive organs to help with successful egg implantation and successful pregnancy.
- We use techniques to relax the body, mind and spirit throughout the process.
We highly recommend that all women continue treatment to “hold and stabilize the fetus.” There are many safe acupuncture points that are used during pregnancy to prevent miscarriage and reduce the chances of severe morning sickness. Especially in cases of conception after infertility we recommend you continue treatment one time per week until the 12th week of pregnancy when the chance of miscarriage is greatly decreased.