Massage Establishment MM35903
MASSAGE AND ITS BENEFITS
There’s no denying the power of bodywork. Regardless of the adjectives we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.Massage may useful for all of the conditions listed below and more:
- Alleviate acute and chronic back pain and improve overall range of motion.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance Immune System by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post surgery adhesion and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
SCHEDULE YOUR MASSAGE FORT LAUDERDALE
We offer several kinds of Massage techniques:
Swedish Massage is the most common type or modality of massage…it’s what people think when they hear the word “massage.” This technique uses specific strokes and varying pressures to release dysfunctional holding patterns in the muscle and tissues. Depending upon individual preference, pressure can vary from light to deep. It includes long gliding strokes, kneading, friction, tapping, and shaking motions. This is combined with passive and active movements of the joints.
This form of therapy will promote general relaxation, improve blood circulation, improve range of motion, and provide relief from muscle tension. It is effective for most ailments, because massaging the skin begins a chain reaction that produces a positive effect on all layers and systems of the body.
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Muscles that are stressed will block oxygen and nutrients, leading to inflammation that will build up and store toxins in the muscle tissue. Deep Tissue Massage will get to the core of the problem by working intensely on the muscles and connective tissue to free toxins and restore circulation of blood and oxygen. Generally, deep tissue massage will use slow strokes and deep finger pressure on the contracted areas, whether following or going across the grain of muscles, tendons, and fascia.
Remember, with the release of toxins it is important to properly hydrate the body to flush out and eliminate those toxins. In some cases, a mild pain reliever may help reduce muscle soreness and inflammation.
LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE MASSAGE
Manual lymphatic drainage is a form of massage whereby the massage therapist seeks to stimulate lymph flow and restore proper function to the lymphatic system. This type of technique uses gentle, rhythmic pumping techniques on the skin, in the direction that the lymph flow should be. The benefits of lymphatic drainage can be both immediate as well as long term. Some of those benefits can include (but are not limited to):
- Promote healing – including acute injuries (fractures and sprains) as well as long term ailments such as arthritis
- Prevent illnesses – as proper lymph flow is restored, the body is better able to fight off infection and illness
- Relaxation and stress reduction – as will almost all forms of massage, manual lymphatic drainage massage therapy is a very soothing, gentle and relaxing therapy
- Pregnancy – for expectant mothers, lymphatic drainage is able to reduce swelling and pain caused by carrying a baby.
- Heals the skin – lymphatic drainage massage can help to heal burns, scars, in addition to reducing stretch marks
- Overall Health & Well Being – as with most forms of massage therapy, lymphatic drainage seeks to restore proper balance to the body so that your body can more effectively and efficiently heal itself.
TRIGGER POINT MASSAGE
rigger Point massage therapy applies concentrated pressure to areas of chronic or severe pain in the muscles, called “trigger points.”
With the proper pressure, duration and location, immediate release of tension and improved muscular functioning can occur. Trigger point massage has been known to diminish migraine pain, mock sciatica, mock carpal tunnel syndrome and other pain syndromes, and other symptoms that may have been misdiagnosed.
HOT STONE MASSAGE
Hot Stone Massage is a form of therapeutic body work that involves the application of smooth, heated stones to specified points of the body. Heat from the stones will penetrate into deeper layers of the muscle and tissues, prompting profound relaxation, increased detoxification, and relief of muscular tension, stress and fatigue.
Hot stone massage therapy will prepare the body and muscles for deeper work and will promote a deep state of relaxation by working on a metabolic level. In addition, hot stone massage therapy will promote deep healing and will help promote overall balance and well-being to the client.
The application of the heated stones will have a deep penetrating affect on the muscles…and it is very normal for most of our clients to feel cradled and protected.